Psoriasis is a chronic skin problem that can lead to itchy or scaly patches that commonly affect the scalp, elbow, knees, and trunk. There are many types of psoriasis according to the type of patch and area that gets affected. According to experts, this problem is related to the immune system. But can diet be helpful in curing this problem? Let’s answer this question in the upcoming section.
Diet & psoriasis
According to doctors, there is no evidence that can prove the association between food and psoriasis. But many experts suggest a few changes in the diet to improve the condition. It includes:
- Reduce fats and sweets in the diet.
- Add more vegetables, fruits, food items that have a high source of proteins (like pulses).
- Work on maintaining your weight
- Avoid alcohol as much as possible
Is there any specific psoriasis diet?
There are many books and websites that mention a specific psoriasis diet. The conclusion of these diets is to cut down food items like sugar, processed or junk food, tomatoes, eggs, wheat, and coffee. But there are not enough pieces of evidence available to prove the association of this skin problem with food. Hence it is advised that before considering any psoriasis diet, you should take consultation from experts. Also, avoiding junk food and alcohol are always considered healthy habits and hence you consider these steps at any point in time.
Food items that are said to trigger the problem
According to some experts, these are the food items that psoriasis patients should avoid. These are:
- Red meat and dairy products as these contain arachidonic acids which is a type of polyunsaturated fatty acid.
- Food items including gluten
- Processed foods such as these can negatively affect the metabolic system and can be a reason behind obesity. And psoriasis patients with obesity can lead to complications.
- Nightshades like tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, etc as contain solanine which can affect the digestive system.
- Alcohol because all health conditions related to the immune system can be triggered with alcohol.
So it is clear that avoiding a few food items can be helpful. But considering a specific diet for curing psoriasis need expert advice. You can contact GSB Fit for the same. A team of experts will help you plan your diet plan and workout plan to naturally heal from psoriasis.
This content is only for education, and we don't promote any felonious commodity. Please, please stay away from harmful commodities for the betterment of our Nation. Use any pharmaceutical drug under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner.